Friday, August 5, 2011

How I met the boy by Sayo


I went back home for a well deserved vacation. I was going to be away from 'the real world' for a full month so you can imagine my excitement.

One random Friday night after work, my sister returns home all excited dancing and singing saying "Shay we have to go out tonight...I'm in this mood and I just have to dance". Obviously, me being on holiday I jumped up, called a few friends and told them to 'follow through'. Then the night started. Mind you, my sisters goal for the night was to 'introduce me' to her friends younger brother and I'm there thinking " Pshhh here we go again".
So we're at the lounge, getting drinks, dancing a little and I notice my sister talking to some of her fine ass friends. Then she starts with the introductions... "Shay this is (let's call him Maurice) Maurice and his brother Anthony". I say hi to the both of them and let them know who my friends are. Now Anthony was the one I was 'eyeing' but that stopped not too long after I noticed he was staring at one of my friends *rolls eyes*. So the night ended shortly after that.....well for me at least.

About 3-4days later. Ria (the friends Anthony was eyeing) and I went out for drinks. On our way out we spotted both Maurice and Anthony walking towards us.--Now in my mind I'm thinking all sorts...How fine he is...How I like the way he's dressed etc--- Maurice stops Ria and does the whole 'oh I met you before' thing....No one seems to remember where or when *LIES* Because I definitely said " We all met through my sister" ---low and behold The Voice From The Back. The expression on both their faces was nothing but Priceless. That's when Anthony walks towards me and is like
"You're lying , you can't be Dami's sister" and we're going back and forth for like 2minutes. All of a sudden this boy takes it upon himself to stretch his hand out and place it on my forearm. I'm there looking like "Errr 'scuse me brada but I don't know you like that' and he's going on about how soft my skin is and blah blah blah.
Ok to be completely honest with you I was melting on the inside, he was standing so close to me I didn't know how else to control myself but be defensive.
He apologized and simply asked for my number and bb pin...I gave him my number, then Ria and I finally left. The next day I woke up to a text from him saying Good Morning, asking what I had planned for the day and if I wanted to meet up with him.
-- Now I don't know about you....but for me..I wait till I know a little about the guy before I meet up with him or anything. So for about 2 or 3 days I came up with excuses which worked in my favor because I managed to find a friend of mine who went to school with Anthony and gave me the "Go Ahead".

But yeah soon after, Anthony would call me everyday just to find out where I was and no matter where, he'd stop by and say hi to me. The best part was when he came to meet me at the hair salon. Thank GOD my hair was done, Mr John (baddest hairdresser I know) was hooking it up so Anthony was somewhat
speechless *giggles*. From there we went to lunch and my holiday just continued this way.

Let's just say .....'and the rest is history' --In a good way of course =)

2 comments: