Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How I met M. - Kaven

It was the summer of **** and we were out of school for the summer. My friend was throwing a huge party for his milestone birthday and we had been invited. Now my friend was one of those popular guys and his parties had always ALWAYS ALWAYS been epic. Now that he was throwing this gig for such an important age, I knew it was going to be some kind of party..hahaha. The party was in NYC (at this time I was still a DC head) so my crew and I decided to book a hotel in the city. It was also very close to the location of the party. At this point in my life…I was VERY new to partying in NY…the only other time I had gone for a shindig in NY was in Webster Hall O_O…Yeah. It was a white party so we planned accordingly…I had my outfit ready by the time I reached the city…it wasn’t all white but hey...Black short skirt with a white frilly Bebe top complete with a black belt and black pumps…excuse me can you say “B.A.B.E” ?? Honestly I had shopped tirelessly for that outfit and in my head (at that time) I thought it was the best thing ever. I was so hype for that party..I don’t even know why?? Lol.

This “epic” party was located in a loft in the city. The moment the elevator doors opened..I knew it was going to be one of the best nights of my life. It was an all white loft and everyone there was wearing white…they all looked so nice. There were waiters with champagne and hors d'oeuvres...the DJ was going hard with the music…my friends and I were in heaven.

Sigh. Sometime in my little night of fun…I spotted one of the finest guys I had ever seen in my life. He looked like a movie star..I kid you not...he had one of the greatest smiles ever..I couldn’t even look at him for long because he was just so fine. I did not understand it. So of course being a girl I alerted my friends to check him out..I mean what would you have done O_O…I was like “can you imagine being with that kind of guy? My life would be complete” ….yeah it was that pathetic *hangs head* He just kept smiling and laughing and I kept stealing glances at him. I was head over heels in love. I felt like he was so far away from me even though we were in the same place…I finally understood the meaning of levels dey :\

So I had just finished talking to my friend who was throwing the party when I heard a voice behind me. I turned back and saw the guy that the love of my life had been talking to all night. He asked me what my name was and we started a conversation. He was so funny. He was also so cute. At this point I was like I guess this is my life and this is the way things happen. Never get the guy I want but get the friend...Ladies I was settling. We had spoken for like a couple of minutes…[translation: we had become buddies..lol]…when he suddenly asked me to come with him to the balcony because someone wanted to meet me. I followed him to the balcony and when I got there he introduced me to his friend that wanted to meet me. His gaddam friend was the love of my life!!!!!!!!! I mean I knew they had been talking all night but I DID NOT EXPECT THIS!! My new friend introduced him as M the guy who had been dying to meet me all night. He gave me one of the smiles I had been dying over all night. I almost died. I TRIED to play it cool but my heart was beating so fast. How was I going to talk to this person??? How could this be happening to me?

6 comments:

  1. ok kaven???? just when you got it juicy u had to cut off *cries*....

    p.s i love the way u write, so down to earth <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.....what happened NEXT???? Oh gosh. . . This is mean =(
    And lol at "his gaddam friend was the LOVE OF MY LIFE!!"

    iLike
    Sayo

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely story!
    now you have to complete it- please and thank you :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha ;p LOL @ finally understanding the meaning of levels dey. ol'girl, levels don change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nne, do the right thing. Complete this story......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, there better be a part II to this story!

    ReplyDelete