Friday, July 15, 2011

How I met him by Damilola W


October 2008... first lecture, new city, new degree. Scanned around class to see if I could recognize anyone I knew but nope all new faces...
Question and answer session - lecturer "can someone tell me what theory is best used for this case? Anyone? Anyone at all?" Then a voice with a Caribbean accent (which sounded more American initially) started talking. I turned back (normal reflex when anyone is answering a question) and there he was... Caramel, brown eyes, clean shaved with the perfectly cut hairline.. He got my attention and certainly the attention of every other female in class...
Fast forward to the last finals and still, we had never said a word to each other. I decided the night before that I had to at least say hi for the first time since that would obviously be the last time I see him(apparently he was thinking the same thing).
Exams are over and everyone begins to disappear. I looked around and didn't see him (I thought - God, why).... So I went back to the exam hall and just as I pushed the door, I mistakenly hit him and said "oops sorry", (wasn't expecting to see him just like that). I acted like I was looking for someone else for a second and then left....
What the hell did I just do?? I told myself. That was my only chance and I blew it. Luckily, a friend wanted me to hang around for a bit and I saw him lurking around. Then he comes to me and says "hi, I just wanted to say hello since I never had the chance to, all year. I think you're really beautiful........." (While he was talking with that oh so sexy Caribbean accent, just like Taye diggs on how "Stella got her groove back".... All I was thinking was whyyy?? Why this late, I can't believe I'm not gonna see him again and then I hear.....) would you like to come for dinner at my place?? I cook a decent meal...
Now, i know what is required is just how we met but let's just say stella indeed got her groove back and the little one will be here in 5 months

7 comments:

  1. o wow you should have given us more details!!
    i love the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.....U got marrrrieeed??

    Very good stella! #Dami...lol. Fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww I love this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! This is just too cute. I keep on awwing at everything on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how is this story cute? she had sex on the first date and she then got pregnant after, 0__o.....

    ReplyDelete