Sunday, July 10, 2011

How I met ****



It all happened one cold winter night in NYC, I had just returned from a much needed jog in Central Park and was looking forward to my evening alone because I had the apartment all to myself for once. Kaven was in DC for the weekend and most of my friends were out of town. The apartment seemed so quiet and lonely without anyone around; still exhausted from my run i laid down on my bed facing the ceiling trying to do a breathing excise I learned from my annoying Yoga instructor.
Breathe in… breathe out… breathe in... breathe out… as I went to take my final breath all of a sudden I heard a loud “BANG” outside my door which scared me half to death.
“Who is it?” I yelled out from my room. “Its 10pm, do you know where your children are?” said the public service announcement from the television behind me. 10pm?… who could this possibly be.
“WHO IS IT!” I yelled again, now a bit terrified.
“Yo It’s D” the voice screamed from behind the door. “Open up I didn’t mean to scare you” he yelled back at me as he laughed out loud to himself, Unamused by his antics a flush of anger boiled over me as I stood up to let him in. (See the problem with having close male friends is the fact that they live literally next door. So having a spontaneous visit from an uninvited guest is normal because boys never call ahead when they are coming over)


Anyways as I stood up to let him in I saw a glimpse of my reflection on the standing mirror across from me… A MESS… i had my hair in a ponytail, a XXL t-shirt on and my old sweat pants from high school. But I didn't care because it was only D at the door… *kanye Shrug* … as I reached for the door knob I heard a second voice with D so I decided to take a peek through the peephole just out of curiosity.
Through the hole I saw a tall shadow behind D… I leaned in closer and saw a man standing in my hallway, he had to be a little over 6’5 for he stood a few inches taller than D who is 6’4 and from what I saw he didn’t look half bad.


"Oh hell no this fool is not bringing one of his sexy friends i haven't met over without calling to warn me first to clean up" i thought to myself.... i was actually so irritated.


I immediately let go of the door knob ran into my room and dived into my closet. From the chaos that is my wardrobe I was able to pull out my cotton knee length, pink spaghetti strap, backless dress... (I love that dress because it’s sexy and cute but yet very casual). I then released my hair from the pony tail… it fell below my shoulders in waves as I brushed it softly down my back. Making sure not to look like I had on makeup (lol) I applied a little bit of powder across my face and pink lip gloss on my lips and of course a squirt of body sprays. Returning to the door I composed myself took one more look at my reflection and casually opened the door.

“Hi D” I said

“Hey what’s up, wow you look great!” he said, I smiled and said “oh really? I just woke up actually” O_O …
“Oh and this is my friend ***” (I’m not even going to say his first initial because unfortunately my male friends read this shit and they know him and I don’t need them making fun of me V_V… WHICH THEY WILL ANYWAYS)

“Hi ***” I said
“Hi” he said with a smile
… as he stepped into the light I took a good look at his face… and I was right he was about 6’6, broad shoulders and built like an Olympic Swimmer. He wore a V-neck white fitted T-shirt that revealed his chiseled chest and arms as a silver dog collar hung casually from his neck. He smiled at me with his Light green eyes as he walked into the apartment and the only thought that went through my head was “HOT DIGGITY DAMN this boy is FIONE!”
About Three long hours had gone by as D sat between us explaining all of the mistakes from his last audition; I nodded with interest in an effort to avoid ***’s eyes as it gazed sharply at me without hesitation, “what the hell is he looking at” I thought to myself “he can’t possibly be looking at me THIS much cause negro i know i AIN'T NO BEYONCE... you better look away!”.

They told me stories about their day and asked about mine, I couldn’t help but listen to *** as he spoke about his goals and ambition in life, he talked about his white mother and black father and his lack of connection to his white side. He had so much passion and charisma, every word he said was followed with a smile as he attempted to make eye contact with me over and over again.
Still avoiding his gaze I stood up and went to the kitchen to catch my breath, and in walks *** with a smile on his face.
“Do you need help?” he asked for he saw me reaching for a glass that was way out of my reach, how It even got up there in the first place was a mystery.
“Sure” I whispered a little flustered by his smile as he easily handed the glass over to me from the shelf. Still avoiding his gaze I took the glass and turned around … about to make my way back to D’s never ending story when I felt a force pull me back. I turned back to see ***’s hand still holding on to the glass while his other hand reached for my face. He was so BIG, so TALL, as he gently stroke my face our eyes finally locked and I couldn’t help but to return his smile. The tension between us was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

“I’m sorry if I’ve been staring at you all night... it’s just that… you are very beautiful and you have such a nice smile ... i'm sure you hear that all the time” he said to me.

O_O.

Still speechless he grasped my hand and pulled me in closer. I stared deep into his eyes; suddenly the room started spinning around me. He leaned closer and whispered "i gotta do this" as he brought his lips against mine gently planting a single kiss on my lips “but I can’t help myself” he said as he released his grip.
Finally realizing what had happened I stepped back a little upset (just a little lol) and pushed him away and gave him a dirty slap!

Outside i was like this
“What is wrong with you” I yelled “who do you think you are, I don’t even know you!”
But inside i felt like ...

“I’m sorry! It won’t happen again” he said as he took a step back from me a little surprised by my reaction. i guess he was use to girl tripping over themselves for him but sorry it ain't even that kind of party son! i thought to myself.
Won’t happen again?? Now wait a minute let’s not be so rash lol but said instead “you're so rude!” as I turned around and returned to D.

He didn’t say much the rest of the night, I avoided his eyes as they searched for mine, finally I grew tired of D’s stories and said goodnight to the boys. As they made their way to the door *** stopped at the door and said “You gotta let me make it up to you…. Dinner… Tomorrow night? Please don’t say no, PLEASE”.

His smile was intoxicating finally giving in I said back “I’ll think about it”.

“Fair enough” he said before existing.
As I closed the door behind me… wellllllsssszzzttt all I could do was

image

And that was my most romantic encounter.
Can’t wait to hear the rest of the other aces.

Xoxo
Abby
4aces

P.s It's funny because this story sounds like some stupid romantic novel but i didn't know how else to write it... lol ever since twilight every memory of mine has been converted into a novel in my head.

So let me just give you some updates.

Are we still dating - no, and i'm going to be honest with you guys... someone like *** gets infatuated too quickly and most times when the smoke clears you realize there really was nothing there but a physical attraction... which is what happened in this situation. But luckily he's such a nice guy that we have remained friends.


***Ladies send your incredibly romantic "meet cute" stories to 4acesdate@gmail.com!** because this is so fun!

2 comments: