Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How I met Jay by Anonymous

I was walking home from school one evening after having a biology practical. Those practicals never fail to drain the life out of me. I just wanted to get on the bus, go home, cry and wish I never took biology. On this dreadful day, the bus decided to be late. I was pissed off. When it finally came, I got on it, went to the back seat, put in my headphones, stretched out my legs and sat there fuming with anger. I hadn’t been on the bus for 20 seconds when I drifted off to sleep. The only thing I can remember was a tap on my shoulder saying that the bus had reached the last stop and everyone had to get off.

But my stop is the third to the last stop. I was so embarrassed that I had fallen asleep on the bus but I was even more embarrassed that the person who woke me up was not the bus driver but the guy I had a huge crush on. We usually get off at the same stop and I wondered ‘errr why didn’t you get off at our stop’. In the whole confusion of being awoken in such a manner, I managed a smile and said ‘oh really? Thank you’. I got up quickly, got off the bus and crossed the road back to the opposite bus stop so I could get another bus back to my house. I sat on the bench at the bus stop and leaned against the wall. I startled when someone said ‘hey you ok?’ turning around, who did I see, MR CRUSH lol. The first thing that came to my mind was ‘awww what a cutie. He didn’t get off at our stop because he was worried that I wasn’t getting off’ (lol I’m such a cringe fest) but the next thing was ‘he probably has a video of you sleeping and drooling all over yourself on the bus’. I didn’t know what idea to go with. I replied ‘yeah I am. Just tired from school’. He was like ‘ok cool’. He sat on the bench as well and we both waited in silence for the bus. I have never felt so awkward in my life.

After about 30 minutes of waiting, he told me that he didn’t think the buses were going to come seeing that it was about 8pm and at this time of the night, the buses in Stonebridge tend to do whatever they like. I was like oh, I will probably have to sit here till tomorrow then. He laughed and suggested we walk home together. It was like a 30 minute walk from the bus stop to where we both lived. I hate walking but heyyy my crush was offering to walk me so why not.

We started walking and having a conversation was so easy. In that short period of time, we talked about the dumb ass buses, college, university and other things. His house was a few blocks from mine but he offered to walk me to my house to make sure I was safe according to him. I found that so cute and I smiled deep within me lol. When I got to my house I said thank you to him and we exchanged numbers and said our goodbyes. I couldn’t contain my joy and even when I was tucked in bed, I couldn’t still comprehend what had happened.

Few minutes before midnight I think, I got a text from J saying it was nice talking to me and I was so easy to talk to and bla bla bla. If any of my friends happened to tell me that a guy texted them that, the normal me would just hiss and tell them that all guys do it so its nothing special. But that night, I guess I was not normal. I smiled like a lunatic. I made sure I waited 20 minutes before texting back. I don’t know why I do that but I always do it with guys. That was one long ass wait but I finally texted back and said he was fun to talk to too. We continued texting and I asked him why he didn’t get off the bus at our normal stop. He said that he saw me sleeping X_X and he wasn’t sure whether to wake me up or not when the bus was approaching our stop so he just thought he stay on the bus with me and make sure that I get off the bus when it gets to the last stop. How cute J. I can’t remember what else we talked about after that but I know I didn’t sleep till about 4am and I didn’t even feel any guilt that I was going to bed at that time when I had to be at college for 9am.

So did he ask me out? Of course he did, after about a month of intense texting, few calls and him walking me home a couple of times. Are we still going out? Yes J. We had our one year anniversary about a week ago (lol how gay). He is the funniest and most caring boyfriend ever. I sense we would soon be breaking up tho seeing as we are both going off to different universities in September. But till then, we’ll see how everything goes xx

3 comments: