Sunday, July 10, 2011

How I met T


How i met T.

This is not T but visualize his foine ass for an extra buzz , fellow romance novel readers know the visual is important lol.

I had just moved back to DC after being in NY for almost a year. I was slightly depressed to be back and just not interested in leaving my home. After a year of New york's time warner wack ass cable, coming home to Comcast cable was enough entertainment for me. My male bestie who lived in DC had been bugging me to hang out but I kept rescheduling. I just wanted to stay home, watch ON demand and eat. I was sitting in front of the television when I got a BB from my buddy, by jove he had got it! He hit me up with the right words guaranteed to get me off the couch, "My friend just cooked some bombass food, come over and eat" I knew where I needed to be. I hauled my butt to downtown DC, dressed in denims, a crop tee shirt and sandals, I wasn't trying to be cute, I was just hungry. He had told me it was his friend’s apartment and so I figured I would be polite and bring a bottle of wine, after all, I planned to impolitely GO IN on his food. Once I got to the apartment, I had to check again if I was at the right place, the apartment building was gorgeous. I immediately wished I had worn something different, something more sophisticated, I looked like a teenager! I rang the doorbell and my friend opened the door. I was excited to see him; it had been a year since I last laid eyes on him. He led me into his friend’s apartment and my mouth dropped open. It had the most gorgeous interior, decorated in a safari theme. Usually I would roll my eyes at the whole American guy living in a house with a safari theme, but this was so elegantly done and so tasteful, I couldn’t even hate! It was beautiful. The apartment also housed a variety of note worthy African artwork, from paintings to figurines to books, and as an African art minor, I was really thrilled to recognize art I had studied in class. I was staring at picture of a proud African female warrior when I heard a voice behind me say, "What do you like about it?". I turned around and looked up, way up into a smiling handsome male face. He was slim but well muscled, light skinned with the prettiest brown eyes and he was wearing a button up white dress shirts and pants with slippers. He was so frigging foine. I couldn't even remember if I wore makeup. While I struggled to answer the question like I wasn't FLIPPING on the inside, I kept thinking about the quick dash I needed to make to the bathroom to let down my hair and maybe try and put on some lipgloss O_o. From our conversation I learnt that he owned an art gallery in DC and in London, he was thirty, and most importantly, he made me laugh. I stopped thinking about wanting to look cute and just decided to relax and just have fun because a guy that cute with all of that going for him probably had a girlfriend OR a psycho ex.

We went up to his rooftop and ate the really delicious food he had cooked and it was..so easy to be around him. I wasn't shy or withdrawn as I can be with people I just meet, I felt like had known him forever. He started calling me princess, I started calling him Tremaine as a joke (his real name was just too staid to fit him). My friend excused himself after a moment, after he left, T turned to me and just stared at me without saying anything. He looked at me like ..like he could really see me. He pulled me up to my feet and asked me if i wanted to dance. I was like huh? wait what? and I swear to God on a rooftop of his apartment in DC infront of the setting sun, he pulled me into his arms and we danced to nothing, we just ..slow danced to..nothing. It was so incredibly corny, but I am captain cornball so I loved it. When a man knows me enough THAT EARLY to fulfill my dream, which is to really be the star of my own personal romantic comedy I know I am screwed. Once we got back to his apartment, I decided it was time to go home. My purse was nowhere to be found. After frantically searching for it, I wondered why T was just sitting there not helping me look for it. I asked him. He calmly told me he hid it because he didn't want me to leave. It was a struggle trying to hide my smile. Several threats later, he decided to bring it out on the condition that I promise him dates on saturday AND sunday. He made me sign my promise to hang out with him both days. Honestly dude was tripping because HE DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO ASK. Loll. I guess i am a greater actress than I thought. On my way home I casually sent an SOS message to my girls over at our bb group, a frantic, "hey guys, I am f$%ked, I think I am in love" text.

- THE END :p.

Ladies I would love to hear your stories, send your incredibly romantic "meet cute" stories to4acesdate@gmail.com!

Love is a beautiful thing to celebrate....however short lived hahaha.

- Cookie


1 comment:

  1. LMAOOOO @ "When a man knows me enough THAT EARLY to fulfill my dream, which is to really be the star of my own personal romantic comedy I know I am screwed" Loveee it

    ReplyDelete