Monday, July 18, 2011

How I met MR X - Nneka

HOW I MET MR. X.

I had just arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport to catch a flight back to DC after a lovely xmas vacation with my family. As I made my way to the check in counter, my mind wandered to all those fairy tale stories you hear about, you know the ones, where “boy meets girl on the plane and before the flight lands, they are hopelessly in love” (cue soundtrack!) Of course those situations never happen to me or anyone I know, but they do happen right??!??

Well I boarded my Virgin Atlantic flight and settled in for the five plus hours to London before I had to connect to another British Airways flight bound for Dulles International Airport. As I sat in my window seat, and started unpacking my travel companions, (ipod, check! Magazines check! Ear plugs, check!) I noticed someone had dropped their hand luggage beside me and that’s when I saw him, Mr. X. Handsome, dark-skinned, lovely smile, perfect teeth, dressed down in blue jeans, a white T-shirt and a pair of leather slippers, a total HOTTIE!! I couldn’t believe my luck! For the next five minutes I feared that the flight attendant would walk up to us and tell him he was infact seated in the wrong place. As we got ready to take off, he turned to me and introduced himself, I still felt like it wasn’t really happening, like this was all in my head or something.

From take off to touchdown, we talked about EVERYTHING, the conversation never stopped, for the first time on an international flight my entertainment console remained unused, because we just couldn’t stop talking. Till this day I have never had that type of instant connection with anyone else. As we touched down in Heathrow, he asked to see me again, but I knew it was a bad idea, not only did he live in London, while I lived in DC, but I also had a boyfriend waiting for me as well. He walked with me to baggage claim and just as we got ready to say our goodbyes he said he had a confession to make. He said he had seen me check-in at the airport in Lagos and after I left the counter he went up to the ticket agent and begged her to switch his seat so he’d be next to me!! If that wasn’t an “awwwww” moment I don’t know what is. We finally said our goodbyes and he gave me his number since I refused to give him mine. I never called him and never saw him again, but I’ve never forgotten about Mr. X.

7 comments:

  1. what in the world why did you not call??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sade, cos she had a boyfriend waiting for her duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had me blushing myself! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww-ness. This is cute.
    Sayo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I get is number? lol
    Maybe y'all should have just kept in touch and remained friends. Ain't no harm in that. (I think)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww....too cute.
    but u had a bf #mixedfeelings...u did the right thing...obviously

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete