Sunday, July 10, 2011

How I met "L"

***It took me all day to remember any romantic first meetings.... then i remembered one, and all these different first meeting memories started flooding my brain. So look out for more - HA!! Its amazing the memories we have locked up in our memory banks. This is all fact, no fiction!*******

How I met “L”

It all began at the Miami Airport. Spring break was over and my little sojourn away from real life had come to a grinding halt. I was waiting to board my flight back to Philadelphia where I would resume suffering and smiling at school. To while away the time I went to a little bookstore in the duty free area to look for something to amuse myself with on my flight. I was trying to decide between buying a magazine or a Sudoku book when a guy walked in and caught my eye. He was tall, he was brown and he was HELLA FINE…and as I tend to, I fell in love at first sight (with his looks) but hey I was in Miami and I was already accustomed to my eyes being assaulted by the beauty of everyone, so I just checked him out for like 5 seconds and went back to minding my business. We caught each other’s eyes several times but I thought to myself ‘what could possibly be worse than meeting someone in an airport and then you guys are flying 1000 miles apart in about 30 minutes” so I kept it moving. I spotted him again later at some point with a gang of friends, so I figured they were all on spring break as well and flying back home.

Fast forward to me having boarded my plane and sitting on my seat and thinking ‘damn im glad noone is sitting beside me, I can fall asleep on 2 chairs.” Who walks into my flight?? YUP! Mr. hottie and his gang of friends. My heart started beating so fast. OMG this guy is going to Philly! But it didn’t end there… he kept walking towards me and I thought “is he about to try and talk to me or something?” but it was even better….apparently the seat beside me was his?! I swear it was like God reached out and handed me a personal gift. Hottie was sitting beside me for this flight? All of a sudden I wasn’t tired anymore… I was also extremely worried (damn this is an early morning flight I know I sure didn’t wake up and pack on layers of pancake on my face, I know my ass looked as tired as I felt after a week of Miami partying) but I sucked it up and thought well, if anything I have eye candy for the rest of my flight which NEVER HAPPENS.

“You know you bought the book I wanted right?” I turned and stared into the molten brown eyes of my dream guy, I almost fainted at the fact he was talking to me. I was scrambling to find my words and reminding myself to lace them with fone (lol) He introduced himself to me and I swear even though the flight from Miami to Philly is only about 2 or 3 hours it felt like we spent several lifetimes talking about everything under the sun. He told me he wanted to talk to me at the bookstore but I looked so uninterested that he didn’t want to get shut down lol (BOY STOP PLAYING) When we landed, He asked if he could give me a ride home from the airport (I immediately text someone just in case he was a serial killer) and he took me home. He didn’t want to leave (and I wasn’t going to let him stay in my place – I lived alone in a 1 br apartment. NAH), so we went to a little gelato shop on the corner of my street and we ended up roaming through the haunts of center city till nighttime!!! Our first date was even WAY more romantic than the way we met (still the MOST romantic date I’ve ever been on), BUT I’m not supposed to go into alla that right? LOL

xx

Oz


No comments:

Post a Comment